Skip to main content

Staying safe

In this section you will find information to help you stay safe within your own home and community. It includes information on equipment to help you stay safe, local emergency services, Trading Standards, and what to do if you are concerned about a vulnerable person.  Please view the Related Links section of this page to view information on safeguarding concerns for Children and Young People.  This includes who to contact in an emergency or report an issue.

If you have concerns which require immediate action, phone 999 or contact your local police station.

For non emergencies call 101

You should call 101 to report crime and other concerns that do not require an emergency response. For example, if:

  • Your car has been stolen
  • Your property has been damaged
  • You suspect drug use or dealing in your neighbourhood

Or to:

  • Give the police information about crime in your area
  • Speak to the police about a general enquiry

Please also visit the adult safeguarding pages on Walsall Council's website

Walsall Adult Social Care

If you have any problem which cannot wait until normal office hours or during bank holidays then contact the Emergency Duty Team: 0300 555 2922

Here are a few examples of the sort of problems we can deal with:

  • Difficulties with children and young people
  • Child protection issues
  • Adult Safeguarding Issues
  • Older people who are at risk or who need immediate help
  • Concerns about a person with a physical or a sensory disability
  • Support in coping with someone who has severe learning difficulties or mental health problems
  • Act as an Appropriate Adult for juveniles and vulnerable adults

Here are some additional numbers if you need help in an emergency out of office hours.

Telephone 01922 607777 (Mental Health Services out of hours duty team)

Your GP

For help or advice from a GP after office hours phone your local surgery. They will have a recorded message telling you what to do.

You can also contact Walsall NHS Walk-In Centre on:

Telephone :01922 605730

Address: Saddlers Centre Bridgeman Street, Walsall WS1 1YT

You can also contact NHS Direct on:


You should use the NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it's not a life-threatening situation.

Call 111 if:

  • you need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency
  • you think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service
  • you don't know who to call or you don't have a GP to call
  • you need health information or reassurance about what to do next

 Emergency Dental Service: 01922 605472

Powered by Idox

A to Z of Services