Employment Services within Walsall Council’s Adult Social Care, supports residents with health and social care needs, in order to develop pathways, which will help individuals, access, Employment, Education and Training opportunities.
Individuals referred to the service and who meet the eligibility criteria, will be allocated a specialist Employment Adviser, who will meet with you to discuss your circumstances, identify your aspirations and goals and start building your individual development plan to help you move forward.
Who is eligible?
The service will support individuals, who are residents of Walsall, Not in Employment, Education or Training (NEET) and who fall into one or more of the following groups:
- Learning disabilities
- Sensory, Visual or Hearing impairments
- Mental Health
- Physical disabilities
- Young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) making the transition to adulthood
- Long term health conditions
What can the service offer?
Our Specialist Employment Advisers will work with you to develop a person centred employment plan, to help support you on your journey and achieve your aspirations around gaining employment, returning to full or part time education, or undertaking additional Training and Development to enhance your future employment prospects.
- Support to access Training, Education and Employment opportunities through regular review meetings and mentoring sessions.
- Employability. Supporting you to prepare for and attend interviews and develop your employability skills through bespoke training as well as how to apply for jobs, improve your CV and build your confidence.
- Working with you to look at routes into education and liaising with a variety of local education providers to find suitable courses for you.
- Identifying and sourcing suitable training opportunities through a wide range of local training providers that will provide you with key skills that will help you on your employment journey.
- Employer Engagement. Supporting you to contact employers or contacting employers on your behalf as well as working alongside our Walsall Works team and Jobcentre Plus, to create employment opportunities to suit everyone.
- Supporting and signposting you to other suitable, alternative services for additional help and support if required, including Welfare Rights, Housing and other Adult Social Care services.
Black Country Impact
Employment Services within Adult Social Care is also a delivery partner for the Black Country Impact Programme, a £51 million initiative to help young adults in Walsall, Sandwell, Dudley and Wolverhampton, to gain the skills they need to get into work.
If you are 16 – 29, living in the Black Country and not in Employment, Education or Training, you can build your future in a way that is tailored to you, as well as financial support for a variety of activities to help you make that next step.