The Learning Disability Transition Nurse (Dawn) can:
- Attend school and placement reviews from the age of 14 years onwards.
- Complete health assessments and develop care plans with young people, their families and carers.
- Help young people and their carers complete health action plans.
- Discuss health needs and support at health appointments if required.
- Work with other health professionals to meet the needs of the young people with a learning disability.
- Provide accessible information on health if needed.
For Young Adults of Transition age with Moderate – Severe Learning Disabilities (from Special School Backgrounds).