The Benefit Advice Service is an online Independent specialist advice service providing help with all areas of claiming and managing Welfare Benefits.
A project run by The Change Consortium CIC (TCC), a local non-profit social enterprise based in West Bromwich, the Benefits Advice Centre operates an online service, mini drop-in benefits advice sessions and city roadshows. An independent service, which is now available across the UK, it is accessible to all with no referral needed.
The Benefits Advice Centre was set up after following numerous requests from clients who needed urgent help with the new Universal Credits which the government is rolling out across the country this year. People we were speaking to were confused, worried that they may need to spend hundreds of pounds on a solicitor or advocacy lawyer to get their benefits confirmed.
Why us? Our unique service includes
- A dedicated adviser to answer queries about entitlement, claiming and challenging benefit claims, giving consistent and up to date advice. Clients speak to a trained specialist, not a volunteer.
- We have one-to-one question and answer service, live video consultation rooms with guaranteed privacy to help people with their benefits entitlement and issues with clients able to upload or download documents during their consultation.
- And to keep waiting times for help to a minimum, we are proud to have an average response of time less than 24 hours (Mon to Fri) for a reply or online appointment booking.
Our online advice centre also provides users with:
- Documents with detailed information about different benefits including useful tips when applying for different benefits
- Videos guides for claiming and eligibility of Universal Credit, DLA, AA PIP and more and which are not available anywhere else.
- We have online forms that can help users download the correct forms, and sample answers too.
- Useful FAQ’s and fact sheets.