Contact a Family provides support, advice and information for families with disabled children, no matter what their condition or disability.
In the West Midlands, we carry out our service through our regional office in Birmingham, home-based workers and volunteers. Working at a local and regional level, we have up-to-date information on local services and support for families.
Our West Midlands team offers:
- advice, information and support to help families find out what is available locally
- workshops, events and opportunities to meet other families with disabled children
- regular newsletters and ebulletins with useful information for families
- guidance for support groups and forums to help them to reach and involve parents
- resources for professionals help them point families to the right local services
- workshops for professionals working with families.
We work together with government and voluntary organisations. We also take part in local and regional networks to shape policy and ensure the needs of families with disabled children are represented.
The team covers the whole of the West Midlands area including: Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Herefordshire, Sandwell, Solihull, Staffordshire, Stoke-on-Trent, Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin, Warwickshire, Wolverhampton, Walsall and Worcestershire.