We provide specialist assessments/interventions for children with a range of eating/drinking difficulties.
Your child might be referred to us if:
Your child is having eating/drinking difficulties and needs the support of our specialist team. It could be that they have difficulties with:
- progression of feeding and drinking skills relating to their medical condition
- physical development/global developmental delay affecting their feeding (i.e. biting, chewing and controlling food in their mouth).
- feeding problems due to prematurity, or conditions such as heart conditions, gastrointestinal complications etc.
- a long term condition resulting in a deterioration of feeding skills including swallowing.
- severe sensory problems related to their medical condition which is affecting feeding skills (e.g. related to tracheostomy, Nasogastric tube, PEG)
Or it may be that your child is not eating/drinking orally (by mouth) and has alternative feeding (e.g. Nasogastric tube or PEG).