Ablewell Advice Service is an initiative of the Central Hall Methodist Church in Walsall in the West Midlands.
Ablewell Advice Service provides free, independent, impartial and confidential advice services.
We provide Advice and support to residents of Walsall via our main Ablewell Street office and outreach at the Methodist Churches within the Walsall Circuit
We provide specialist advice in relation to Debts and Welfare Benefits including Income, Health and Housing Benefits, and representation for Social Security Tribunal hearings.
We also have a limited number of Home Visits available where appropriate - please contact us for further information and to discuss your needs.
Our team are usually available on Monday’s, Wednesday Evenings, Friday’s and Saturday mornings for the making of appointments.
Scope of Service
- Income maximisation by confirming entitlement to benefits
- Providing budgeting skills training
- Free to client debt management
- Provision of Insolvency methods (subject to fees being met by client)
- Challenging using the ombudsman services where necessary
- Court representation for possession activity, bankruptcy support etc.
- Form filling
- Utility checking and saving
- CV Writing
- Letter writing
- Case Work