What is this service?
Severe mental illness is rare in children and young people but mental health problems are common and have a significant effect on them as individuals, their potential and their families. The most effective approach to supporting children and families involves health, social care and education working in partnership.
What Service is Provided:
A multi agency and multi disciplinary service specialising in the assessment and treatment of moderate to severe mental health difficulties that children and young people experience.
The Service Aims to:
- Provide specialist assessment and treatments in accordance with best practice and NICE recommendations.
- To provide appropriate information for young people and their families and for other agencies in accordance with confidentiality and consent to share protocols.
- Consultation and liaison and training for universal and targeted services including professional carers.
- Assessments and treatments in centres that are equipped, family friendly, non-stigmatising and culturally competent.
- The service welcomes children, young people and their families view on service review and service development.